Chocolate Cheesecake is the best dessert ever!
I knew the Romanian desserts (which I should share some with you in the future) and French Pastries, that was good enough for me.
But not for my sweet tooth.
I was drooling every time I’d pass by the bakery corner at the grocery store pushed by an invisible force to just grab something and give it a try.
It took me a while but when I did i was unstoppable.
Every weekend was another treat until one day when I picked a chocolate cheesecake.
The whole world changed. It was the cake I’ve been looking for all my life!
Since then I learned to bake and made my own chocolate cheesecake.
I was the happiest of all.
That until I saw the recipe for brownie bottom cheesecake in the latest Chocolate Cookbook I bought.
This brownie bottom cheesecake is the best of all words.
A luxurious creamy cheesecake is baked on top of a rich, chocolate-y fudgy brownie.
I was afraid the cheesecake filling would blend into the brownie batter and make it a swirled brownie cheesecake, similar with the Tiramisu Brownies.
But I was wrong, even if the brownie layer is not completely baked by the time id topped with the creamy cheesecake filling.
If you’re using a stand-up mixer your filling will be even creamier than mine since I had to mix it with a hand-held whisk, my stand-up mixer bowl was in the fridge cooling some chocolate whipped frosting for a cake I’ll share on Thursday.
Brownie Bottom Cheesecake - a creamy cheesecake baked on top of a rich, chocolate-y, fudgy brownie.
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) butter room temperature
- 4 oz (113 grams) Bittersweet Chocolate Broken Into Pieces
- 1 cup (200 grams) Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Milk
- 1 cup (120 grams) All-purpose Flour
- 2 1/4 cups ( 504 grams) Cream Cheese room temperature
- 2/3 cup (140 grams) Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Greek Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease and flour a 9 inch springform pan or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in pan over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth. Remove form heat and beat in sugar. Leave to cool 5 minutes stir constantly.
- Add eggs and milk to the chocolate mixture, beating on medium speed for mixers or as fast as you can if done by hand to prevent the eggs from cooking.
- Stir in the flour, mixing just until blended. Spoon into the prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven while preparing the cheesecake layer.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325.
- In a mixing bow beat together all the ingredient, making sure there are no cheese lumps then pour over brownie base.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Run a knife around edge of cake to loosen from pan.
- Let cool before removing form pan.
- Chill in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight before cutting into slices.
If you liked this Brownie Bottom Cheesecake recipe, you might like
Tiramisu brownies at Roxana’s Home Baking
Biscuit Joconde Imprime at Roxana’s Home Baking
Brownie bottom caramel cheesecake bars at Cookies and Cups
Cheesecake brownie bites at Just a Taste
Brownie cherry cheesecake at Tidy Mom
Brownie cheesecake bars at Becky Bakes
Sending love your way,