If I have to choose one local store to buy chocolate World Market would be my choice.
I love that no matter what time of the year I do I find good quality European chocolate. Don’t get me wrong, I love all kinds of chocolate, but I have to say, Belgian chocolate is the way to this girl’s heart.
The local (and by that I mean the closest one) World Market is a little out-of-the-way but we do manage to visit it every other weekend.
Last weekend we got in the area and of course I had to stock up on some chocolate. Browsing through the isles, day dreaming and checking new products I got to the Christmas area.
The temptation was big, i have to admit, but the $2.99 price tag for one tiny bite of peppermint s’more kinda stopped me.
I told myself, i can do that. I don’t have to pay $3 for it. I mean, it’s not big deal to make s’mores.
You toast the marshmallow, pack it between chocolate and graham cracker and you’re done. Right?
With a little bit of practice
and after burning one pan I figured out how to make s’mores indoor.
It’s easy, but you have to work fast.
Let me show you how.
Candy Cane S’mores - a fun treat for kids and not only to make while waiting for Santa Clause.
- 16 graham crackers squares (8 crackers halved)
- 16 big marshmallows
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 5 tbsp heavy cream
- crushed candy cane
- Heat the oven to 300F.
- In a microwave safe bowl place the chocolate chips and heavy cream and heat until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Line the graham crackers on a cookie sheet, top with a marshmallow and place in the oven for about 2 minutes or until the marshmallows are slightly golden on top and puffed.
- As soon as you get the pan out of the oven, pour the melted chocolate in a pastry bag, cut the tip with the scissors (a small hole) and pipe over the toasted marshmallows.
- Sprinkle candy cane on top and enjoy!
Sending love your way,