Welcome to the new Roxana’s Home Baking! I’m so excited about the new home Kita @Pass the Sushi designed for me. I LOVE it!
I can’t believe I’ve been blogging for more than 1 year now. Seems like yesterday I was setting up a blog, figuring out how everything works, crying desperately for help.
Now, I’m not that far away. I still cry, I still ask for help and still don’t know what all these button in dashboard do. But hey, it’s time to sit back and enjoy this anniversary!
Quick Note! If you receive the updates via email you might have to subscribe once again. Thank you!
So mind the dust, get a cup of coffee or tea and celebrate with me! We’re having chocolate and dulce de leche cupcakes! Hope you’re not on a diet!
- It’s the first time I’m using chia seed egg replacement. If you decide to use 1 egg instead you’ll probably have to add less milk. I haven’t tried the egg version, can’t tell you how much less
- I used evaporated cane juice organic sugar, but any sugar will work just fine.
- Vegan butter can be replaced with dairy butter. Margarine might work as well (haven’t tried)
- Whole wheat pastry flour can be replaced with all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp small diced vegan butter
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 generous tbsp cocoa
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Put 6 paper liners in a cupcake pan. Set aside.
- In your mixing bowl add the butter, flour, baking powder, cocoa, sugar and salt. With the paddle attachment on mix until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- In a small bowl mix the chia seeds with the water. Shortly it will become a gel. Add it to the dry ingredients and mix. Slowly add the milk.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking cups.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 6 tbsp dulce de leche
- few drops of milk
- With the paddle attachment on mix the butter with the sugar and sulce the leche on low speed until incorporated. Increase the speed and mix for further 2-3 minutes.
- Add few drops of milk if needed.
- Frost the cupcakes when completely cooled!
Sending love your way,