I tend to believe as one grows older has a harder time taking decisions.
For example me. I have been making my own birthday cake for a couple of years now but this year I found it hard to pick one.
I wanted a cake. A chocolate cake of course.
Then I saw the perfect cupcake wrappers (here’s a photo)
But in the same time I wanted a chocolate cheesecake. My #1 favorite dessert.
Yeah, I was a little bit undecided.
To make life sweeter (and pile up the dirty dishes) I made chocolate coffee cupcakes, triple chocolate cake and brownie bottom cheesecake.
Talking about take it easy as you get older.
On the easy side, all recipes came from a Chocolate cookbook I bought just because it was all about chocolate.
One can never have too many chocolate cookbooks.
When I got home and sit down to thumb through it I knew I would end up making almost every recipe. They all sound Ah-mazing!
From chocolate cakes and cupcakes to the little chocolate treats like cookies and bars plus some tempting chocolate drinks, this book got me drool in no time.
But not to worry, I went back to the store and bought a copy for you too.
*details at the bottom of the post
These chocolate coffee cupcakes are the perfect start to the day.
The have coffee and for most of the people that’s the first thing that’s on their mind when getting up in the morning and they have chocolate which is the first thing people like me think about when they get out of the bed.
You see, is the best of both worlds.
The chocolate cupcake recipe is slightly adapted from the chocolate cookbook.
I divided the batter for 12 cupcakes and instead of the coffee flavored whipped cream for frosting I used a coffee flavored cream cheese frosting, which turned out so good even my picky husband (who doesn’t like cream cheese) asked if i have some left so he can eat it with a spoon.
Chocolate cupcakes with coffee flavored cream cheese frosting.
- 1 3/4 cup (210 grams) all purpose flour
- 2 tsp (8 grams) baking powder
- 1/4 cup (20 grams) cocoa powder (I used special dark)
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) almond oil
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) milk
- 3 tbsp (42 grams) soft butter
- 6 tbsp (168 grams) soft cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder/granules
- 3 cups (360 grams) powder sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 12 cupcake pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Add the sugar also.
- Make a well in the middle and stir in the eggs, corn syrup, milk and oil.
- Mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cupcake pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting them.
- In a small bowl mix the vanilla extract with the coffee powder.
- Add it to a mixing bowl with the butter and the cream cheese. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Scrap the sides of the bowl and slowly add the sugar, 1/2 cup at a time until all the sugar is incorporated.
- Spoon the frosting into a piping bag and frost the cupcakes.
Would you like to win a copy of the Chocolate Cookbook?
You do?! Great!
To enter the giveaway just leave a comment below.
For another chance pin this post and come back with the link of the pin. (comments without a link will not be considered valid entries).
For more entries pin an old post and leave the link to the pin (you can do this daily) (comments without a link will not count)
The giveaway is opened to all US residents until September the 16th at 11.59 pm.
The winner will be selected via random.org and will be contacted via email ( make sure you leave the right email address when commenting) and will have 48 hours to reply, if now another winner will be selected.
The book and the shipping cost is covered by me.