Everywhere you turn this month you’re surrounded by pink and pink bows.
October is breast awareness month.
According to BreastCancer.Org 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer in their life (that’s just scary). About 85% of women diagnosed with breast cancer have no family history of the disease (even scarier).
When my friends Erin and Cassie contacted me a while back about joining their breast cancer awareness week I had to say yes.
Yes, we’re all busy, but not to busy to help and spread the word.
I only met a wonderful mom of two that had breast cancer. I wish I knew how to help her more than just proving meals for her and her family from time to time.
Unfortunately, after years of fighting the cancer won and she’s no longer with us.
I’ve made these cookies in her memory. She loved coconut as much as I do.
These coconut cookies are gluten-free, I used shredded coconut, coconut flour and a little bit of gluten-free all-purpose flour. (both flours from Bob’s Red Mill)
They are similar to muffin top cookies, if you don’t want them this fat, you can skip the cooling time and bake them as soon as you’re done mixing the dough.
They are soft, buttery and the smell of coconut is so irresistible.
Gluten free muffin top coconut cookies - soft, buttery with an irresistible coconut flavor. Wonderful with a cup of coffee or tea in the afternoon.
- 10 tbsp room temperature butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- in a mixing bowl add the butter, coconut oil and sugar. With the paddle attachment on start mixing until the butter is creamy, light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, one at a time scrapping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Add the shredded coconut, coconut flour and all purpose flour. Mix until just combined.
- With a cookie dough scoop, place balls on a baking sheet and place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the oven to 375F.
- Bake the cookies for 22-23 minutes or until the start to brown on the edges.
- Leave to cool slightly on the baking sheet. Enjoy!
Sending love your way,