Say Hello to Peanut Butter and Chocolate Healthy Bars!
These bars are gluten-free, vegan, sugar-free and no oven required. Don’t you just love peanut butter and chocolate even more now?
The pink and healthy week continues. Did you see the gluten-free muffin top coconut cookies I shared yesterday?
Please, check out what other healthy or pink treats other bloggers have made by clicking on the thumbnails at the bottom of the post.
A while back I received a lovely email from a reader telling me how much her kids love the chocolate chip brownie larabars I made months ago. She has never been happier to give her kids a chocolate bar when they ask for it and at the end of the email she asked me if I plan on making more larabars and sharing the recipes.
I couldn’t say no, but since this blog is about my baking adventures I had a hard time finding the right moment to talk about a no-bake bar. But this week came and I knew this is the right time.
If you ever got a peanut butter chocolate chip bars and read the ingredient list you realized they only call for 4 ingredients : dates, peanuts, chocolate chips and sea salt. Those chocolate chips haunted me for a while. I wanted to make these bars absolutely sugar-free and haven’t found yet a chocolate chips that is 100% chocolate.
But look no further, there’s no need to search for those 100% cocoa chocolate chips when you have widely available Ghirardelli 100% cocoa chocolate bars.
So, instead of the sugar added chocolate chips I added unsweetened cocoa powder and grated 100% cocoa chocolate.
You don’t get the small bits of chocolate chips like you get in the original Larabars but these bars have a strong chocolate flavor and I have no problems if my little lady bug eats one just before dinner.
Peanut butter and chocolate bars made healthier with no sugar added, naturally gluten free and vegan.
- 2 1/2 cups (410 grams) pitted dried dates
- 3/4 cup unsalted peanuts
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 oz grated 100% cocoa chocolate (I've used Ghirardelli)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Line a 7X7 pan with plastic foil.
- In a food processor place the dates and pulse until they are finely chopped and they start to form a ball.
- Add the peanuts, cocoa powder and salt. Pulse few more times until the peanuts are finely chopped.
- Through the feeding tube, while the food processor is still running add the grated chocolate.
- When all the chocolate is added, turn off the food processor.
- Take the date mixture out and spread it evenly in the prepared pan. Cover with more plastic foil and refrigerate for 2 or more hours before cutting into bars/squares.
Sending love your way,