Can you believe I’ve never posted a recipe using Nutella? I should be ashamed.
Tonight I’m going to change this. And no, it’s not a cake.
Crepes are the French cousin of pancakes. They are thin and versatile. They can be served very simple with fruits or turned into elegant dishes folded and warmed in a sauce, rolled round a savoury or sweet filling, or stacked in layers with a filling and turned into a cake.
They are quite easy to make, of course after ruining the first one
)) I really don’t know anyone who’s first crepe
was a success. With the first one you kinda test the consistency of the batter and the temperature of the pan. Both of them may require some adjustments.
Let’s turn the stove on and make some crepes
In a bowl or your blender/food processor mix 1 1/4 cup milk, 1 egg and 1/3 cup nutella
Add around 1 cup self rising flour. Optional you may add some sugar too. Mix well.
Crepes batter should have the consistency of whipping cream. Keeping that in mind at this point you may have to add more milk or more flour. Leave the batter to rest about 20 minutes.
Now heat a 8″ (crepes) pan over moderate heat. The pan is ready when few drops of water sprinkled over the surface start dancing
) . Grease the pan with some (vegetable) oil
and pour about 1/4 cup batter.
Quickly rotate the pan so the batter spreads out and cover the bottom of the pan.
Cook for about 1 minute or until the crepe is set. Shake the pan back and forth to loosen the crepe and flip it over.
Cook few more seconds and enjoy them .
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup nutella
- 1 cup self rising flour
- In a bowl or blender mix the milk, egg and nutella
- Add the flour and some sugar (optional)
- You may have to adjust the batter consistency adding more flour or milk. It should resemble whipping cream
- Leave the batter to rest for about 20 minutes
- Heat an 8 inch pan. Grease with vegetable oil and add 1/4 cup batter to the pan. Rotate so the batter cover the bottom of the pan
- Cook for about 1 minute. Flip and cook few more seconds
Â© Roxana's Home Baking, All Rights Reserved
Thanks for visiting, hope you enjoyed it and will come back soon.