I’ve been meaning to use Reese’s colorful Easter Eggs in baking since I saw them on the shelves just before Valentine’s day. Of course I ate a few bags before I actually used some, but hey, that’s the taste testing part.
These peanut butter cookie bars with Reese’s peanut butter eggs may have a long and sort of complicated name but there’s nothing complicated about making them.
And the taste, mmm, just like a melt-in-your-mouth peanut butter cookie. Soft, crumbly with a strong peanut butter taste and the addition of both peanut butter chocolate eggs and candy peanut butter eggs improves their texture and color.
And since I got a little excited about these Reese’s eggs I used two whole bags. The peanut butter chocolate ones I buried them inside the cookie dough for an extra peanut butter surprise and topped with the colorful ones. All I can say it’s Peanut Butter Lover’s Heaven in one bite.
If you don’t have Reese’s peanut butter eggs on hand you can use the chocolate peanut butter cups or, for a chocolate touch you can use Hershey’s milk chocolate eggs or the Reese’s pieces, like M&M’s. Whatever you choose these peanut butter bars are worth making them. And not only they are irresistible, they are so easy to make.
You start by creaming the butter and peanut butter with the brown sugar until creamy and fluffy, add the eggs and flour and spread the dough in the prepared pan. Add the Reese’s eggs and bake. It’s that simple.
The hardest part? Unwrapping a whole bag of Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs!!!
Peanut butter cookie bars with Reese’s peanut butter eggs - just like a melt-in-you-mouth peanut butter cookie with an extra peanut butter touch
- 1 cup (227 grams) room temperature butter (I used one stick unsalted and one salted)
- 1 1/2 cups (300 grams) brown sugar
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups (300 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 bag Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
- 1 bag Reese's Peanut Butter Candy Pastel Eggs
- Heat the oven to 350F. Lin ea 13X9 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, scraping the sides of the bowl down.
- Slowly, add the baking powder and flour and stir until well mixed. Reserve 3/4 cup cookie dough.
- Spread the remaining cookie dough on the bottom of the prepared pan and here and there press in the Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs.
- Spread the reserved 3/4 cup cookie dough on top of the chocolate peanut butter eggs.
- Top everything with the pastel egg candy. No need the press them in.
- Bake in preheated oven for 33 minutes or until the sides start to brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes clean.
- Leave to cool completely in the pan before cutting them.
If you enjoyed these Peanut butter cookie bars with Reese’s peanut butter eggs you may also like
Sending love your way,
Disclosure – This is NOT a Reese’s sponsored post. I’m pretty sure they have no idea who I’m. I just love their products.