I’d like to start today’s post by being thankful for the lack of snow in my area. It snowed a little bit yesterday, about 30 minutes and by now almost all is gone, you can hardly tell it snowed.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cup lukewarm milk/water
- 4-6 oz cheddar cheese
- fresh dill and parsley
- 1 egg for brushing
- In your mixer bowl cream the yeast with a little milk. When the yeast has dissolved pour the rest of the milk.
- Slowly add the flour and salt mixing until the dough comes clean from the sides of the bowl
- Place the dough into a greased bowl and leave to rest at room temperature until it doubles in volume
- When risen divide it into 10-12 balls and flatten them.
- To make the filling shred the cheese and chop the herbs. Mix them. Place about 1-2 tbsp of the cheese-herb mixture on the flatten dough.
- Seal the pocket with a fork or with your fingers and place it in a greased loaf pan. Do the same with the rest.
- Leave again to rest at room temperature. When risen brush with egg wash and bake in preheated oven, at 375F, for about 35-40 minutes.
- Leave to cool a little and get it out of the pan
- Enjoy it.
a pinch of salt