We’re a family of three but we all have different choices.
I’m a chocolate girl all the way and my favorite larabar is by far the Chocolate Chip Brownie Bar followed shortly by Chocolate Coconut Bars.
Hubby is a peanut butter addict (I swear he could live on peanut butter sandwiches) so his favorite larabar is Peanut Butter Chocolate Bar and Peanut Butter Cookie Bar.
And my little lady bug is in between. She loves all kind of bars as long as they don’t have big pieces of nuts in them.
I’ve made a while back another version of the Chocolate Coconut Larabar which I ended up eating almost all all by myself (no, no, no I wasn’t complaining)
This time I switched things a little bit and chopped the nuts a little smaller so my little lady bug could snack on them during the day. The bars are gluten free, vegan with no added sugar.
If you prefer a bar that has bigger nut pieces add the almonds and walnuts at the end and pulse just until the nuts are chopped the desired size.
Today is the last day of our pink week.
My friend Erin is giving away a Green Mountain Cafe Escapes Gift Basket
Gift Basket contains:
- 12-count box Café Escapes® Milk Chocolate Cocoa K-Cup® pack
- 12-count box Café Escapes® Dark Chocolate Cocoa K-Cup® packs
- Café Escapes® Artisan Mug
- (1) 3.88-oz. box Dark Chocolate Toasted Almond Nutt-eš
- 4-oz. box Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies
Chocolate coconut larabars - so easy to make you won't go back to store bought ones. Naturally gluten free, vegan and no added sugar
- 2 1/2 cups (410 grams) pitted dates
- 1/4 cup (35 grams) whole almonds
- 1/4 cup (25 grams) walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup (20 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- In a food processor add the dates and pulse until finely chopped and they start to form a ball.
- Add the almond and nuts and pulse few more times until the nuts are chopped.
- Add the cocoa powder and coconut and pulse until the mixture comes together in a ball.
- Take the date-nut mixture out and spread it evenly in a 7X7 baking pan lined with plastic foil.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate for few hours before cutting into bars.