The first time I tried peanut butter was years ago, before I came to US. I was curious after hearing about it in the American movies. I wasn’t that impressed so I gave up the thought of trying it again. Once arrived on American land the curiosity pushed me again and bought another jar. This time I liked it.I started eating some from time to time spread on a slice of toast.
Even tho I was beginning to love this treat I could not talk myself in trying the famous peanut-butter and jelly sandwich. There was something about this combo that didn’t sound to appealing to me. Give me a cheese and jam sandwich and I eat it in seconds, or peanut butter and chocolate but peanut-butter and jelly …. not really.
My husband loves peanut-butter and grape jelly sandwich and so does my daughter.
Few months ago Tiffany was asking for a peanut-butter and jelly sandwich but we were out of grape jelly. The only thing I could have used instead of grape jelly was some raspberry preserve forgotten on the fridge door. Peanut-butter and raspberry preserve did sound good, so I made myself a sandwich as well. Oh, it tasted even better that I thought. From that day I was hooked, hooked on peanut-butter and jelly sandwich, but made with raspberry preserve.
I was a little skeptical at first, but I changed my mind later. My favorite peanut butter cookies sandwiched with raspberry jam is my take on American Peanut-butter and Jelly Sandwich.
I made these cookies for the first time about a year ago (this was the first time I was actually making a sandwich out of them) and since then I tried different other recipes but none of the cookies turned out as good as these ones. They are the softest cookies with a strong peanut-butter taste. Think about melt in your mouth butter cookie but with peanut-butter.
Without much ado I give you the Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies
Soft melt-in-your-mouth Peanut Butter cookies sandwiched with berry jelly - Classic peanut butter jelly just got a make-over.
- 8 oz creamy peanut-butter (I prefer Crazy Richard's )
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ~ 15 tsp your favorite jelly/jam/preserve
- Line two baking cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpats
- Small dice the butter and put it into the mixing bowl.
- Place it in a mixing bowl with the sugar and mix until creamy.
- Add the peanut butter and mix until combined.
- Beat in the egg.
- Slowly add the flour combined with baking powder and mix until the dough forms a ball.
- Divide the dough in 30 small balls. Place them on baking sheets, gently pressing with a fork.
- Chill the cookies for about 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Meanwhile heat the oven to 350F.
- Bake the cookies in preheated oven for about 12 minutes. Leave them to cool completely on the baking sheets before sandwiching them.
Sending love your way,